|Story by Oliver Franke
Pics by Sandra Steh (www.steh.de)
Berlin, 31st March 2007 - US-Boy Adam Jones wins the NIGHT of the JUMPs in Berlin!
Third time that the NIGHT of the JUMPs came to Berlin. A totally packed Max-Schmeling-Arena was a perfect playground for 13 of the best Freeestyle Motocross Riders worldwide. And the FMX guys had a lot of surprises in their package. 21 year old German Freddy Peters showed a Cliffhanger Backflip, which only has been done by one rider worldwide. Next german Fabian Bauersachs did his first ever contest Backflip. Unfortunately both didn’t make into the final. The other Germans Lukas Weis and Busty Wolter had good runs. Busty did a Whiped Flip in the Double-Up. But he missed one jump, so he did not reached the final. Oysten Kjorstad and Bart Olgaza couldn’t make it under the first six places, too.
Everyone waited for World Champion Mat Rebeaud. This was his second contest after his long injury. And he wanted to impress the audience and started with a Can Flip. But he crashed at the landing and was out.
At this massive riders field Libor Podmol (CZE), Fredrik Johansson (SWE), Ailo Gaup (NOR), Remi Bizouard (FRA) and the US-Boys Mike Mason and Adam Jones made it into the final. Jones did a Can to Saran Wrap Flip and a Cordova Flip in the Double-Up. Gaup had a Can Flip to SideSaddle-Landing. So what should be expected in the final?
After the Qualification the Whip contest was won by Mike Mason (USA) ahead of Lukas Weis (GER) and Ailo Gaup (NOR). Within the break the German Highjumper Rene Großmann did a FMX show on his Quad Bike and German Rockband Poolstar pushed the atmosphere.
The Highest Air was won by local Florian Menge ahead of Polish Bartosz Oglaza and Lukas Weis (GER).
The audience pushed the riders for the final. First was Czech Libor Podmol. With 1-Handed Flip, Heelclicker Flip, Flinstone, Tsunami, Cliffhanger to No-Hand-Landing and a Cordova Flip in the Double-Up he got 230 points and reached 6th.
Adam Jones with a sweet Dead Body
The „Iceman“ Ailo Gaup (NOR) is back. He did Candybar Flip, Holyman, Whip, Whiped Flip, Rock Solid, 1-Handed Hartattack, Cliffhanger, Can Flip to SideSaddle-Landing. With 242 points he put himself on top for a while.
But Remi Bizouard took the fight for the top position. Scorpion Tsunami, Flintstone, 9-O-Clock, Rock Solid, 1-Handed Flip to 1-Hand-Landing, Heelclicker Flip and the No-Hand-Flip in the Double Up. 254 points put him onto the Hotseat.
Fredrik Johansson is back after his long injury. Whip, Tsunami, 1-Handed-Flip, Stripper to Saran Wrap to 1-Handed-Landing, Heelclicker Flip, Switchblade to Heelclicker and a Cordova Flip from the Kicker Ramp. If he would not have a Deadsailor he would have reached more than a fifth place.
Germanies Freddy Peters doing a Cliffhanger Backflip
Finally the both US-Boys! Mike Mason started first. No-Hand-Flip, Holyman, 1-Handed Seatgrab, Nac Flip, Heelclicker Flip, Mase Twist, Whiped Flip and a perfect Holyman in the Double-Up. 251 points brought him on 3rd place.
The winner | Bizouard, Jones, Mason
Last but no least Adam Jones. He celebrated Freestyle Motocross in front of 7.800 Germans. Stripper, No-Hand-Flip, Whiped Flip, Tsunami, Can to Saran Wrap Flip, Rock Solid, Deadbody and a Cordova Flip in the Double-Up. With his perfect style he reached 269 points and won ahead of French Remi Bizouard and Mike Mason.
FACTS Suzuki NIGHT of the JUMPs -
Berlin 31st March 2007
1. Adam Jones USA DMSB Honda 268 Points
2. Mike Mason USA DMSB Honda 255 Points
3. Fredrik Johansson SWE SVEMO Suzuki 252 Points
4. Remi Bizouard FRA FFM Yamaha 251 Points
5. Ailo Gaup NOR NMF Honda 243 Points
6. Libor Podmol CZE ACCR Suzuki 223 Points
7. Fabian Bauersachs GER DMSB Kawasaki 221 Points
8. Sebastian Wolter GER DMSB Suzuki 218 Points
9. Lukas Weis GER DMSB Honda 213 Points
10. Oystein Kjorstad NOR NMF KTM 208 Points
11. Bart Oglaza POL PZM Suzuki 189 Points
12. Freddy Peters GER DMSB Yamaha 186 Points
13. Mat Rebeaud SUI FMS KTM 147 Points
1. Mike Mason USA DMSB Honda
2. Lukas Weis GER DMSB Honda
3. Ailo Gaup NOR NMF Honda
4. Remi Bizouard FRA FFM Yamaha
4. Sebastian Wolter GER DMSB Suzuki
4. Fredrik Johansson SWE SVEMO Suzuki
1. Florian Menge GER 7,60 Meter
2. Bart Oglaza POL 7,30 Meter
2. Lukas Weis GER 7,30 Meter
4. Libor Podmol CZE 7,00 Meter
5. Oystein Kjorstad NOR 6,00 Meter
1. Adam Jones USA DMSB Honda 269 Points
2. Remi Bizouard FRA FFM Yamaha 254 Points
3. Mike Mason USA DMSB Honda 251 Points
4. Ailo Gaup NOR NMF Honda 242 Points
5. Fredrik Johansson SWE SVEMO Suzuki 236 Points
6. Libor Podmol CZE ACCR Suzuki 230 Points
FACTS Suzuki NIGHT of the JUMPs -
Berlin 1st April 2007
1 Adam Jones USA 267.0
2 Rémi Bizouard FRA 248.0
3 Ailo Gaup NOR 244.0
4 Mike Mason USA 243.0
5 Sebastian Wolter GER 238.0
6 Fredrik Johansson SWE 238.0
7 Libor Podmol CZE 232.0
8 Mathieu Rebeaud SUI 227.0
9 Lukas Weis GER 218.0
10 Oystein Kjorstad NOR 217.0
11 Fabian Bauersachs GER 214.0
1 Lukas Weis GER
2 Mike Mason USA
3 Ailo Gaup NOR
4 Sebastian Wolter GER
5 Rémi Bizouard FRA
6 Fredrik Johansson SWE
1 Florian Menge GER 8.0 m
2 Lukas Weis GER 7.8 m
3 Libor Podmol CZE 0.0 m
1 Adam Jones USA 270.0
2 Rémi Bizouard FRA 260.0
3 Mike Mason USA 259.0
4 Fredrik Johansson SWE 248.0
5 Ailo Gaup NOR 246.0
6 Sebastian Wolter GER 242.0